Senior Lecturer Gr.I
B.Sc. [Hons] (Jaffna), M.Phil.(Peradeniya)
- M.Phil., Plant tissue culture, 1998, Post Graduate Institute of Agriculture, Uni. of Peradeniya, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
- B.Sc. Special in Botany, First Class, 1988,Dept. of Botany, Uni. of Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
University of Jaffna:
- Acting Head/ Dept. of Zoology
- Acting Head/ Dept. of Botany
- Student Counselor
- Senior Treasurer, Science Student Union
Jaffna Science Association:
- Editor Section A (Pure Science)
- Secretary Section A (Pure Science)
Faculty of Science:
- Member of faculty Board.
- Member of Dept. of Botany
- Plant Tissue culture
- Plant Physiology
- Plant breeding
- Economic Botany
Plant tissue culture; Plant Biotechnology; Ecology; Spread of Parthenium hysterophorus (Indian weed) in north of Sri Lanka. Anti fungal & anti microbial activity of Azadiracta indica(Neem); Conservation of endangered medicinal plant species
· Antimicrobial activity of Azadiracta indica (Neem) leaves and stem bark aqueous extracts, SPC Journal of Plant Sciences, July.2020 1 (1) 1 -5, S. Prabagar, J. Nandakumar, J. Prabagar.& S. Thuraisingam,
Investigation of antimicrobial activity of aqueous extracts of Eclipta prostrata, International Journal of Biological Science and Technology, Sept. 2020, vol.11, issue1, 1 -6. S. Prabagar, J. Nandakumar, J. Prabagar.& S. Thuraisingam,
Antimicrobial activity of leaf and bark extracts of Cassia fistula. World Journal of Agricultural Science, 16 (4) 227 – 232. S. Prabagar, J. Nandakumar, J. Prabagar.& S. Thuraisingam,
Screening the antifungal activity of essential oils against decay fungi from Palmyrah leaf handicrafts, Biological Research, Aug.2014, 2 – 5. Subajani Mahilrajan, Jeyarani Nandakumar, Robika Kailayalingam & SriThayalan Sri Vijeindran
Optimization of dyeing condition and its dyeing on palmyrah leafs. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology & Food technology 8(1), March 2014, 47 -52. Subajani Mahilrajan, Jeyarani Nandakumar, Robika Kailayalingam & SriThayalan Sri Vijeindran
- Ex situ conservation of medicinal plants in Valikamam area of Jaffna Peninsula, Sri Lanka, New Biotechnology Sept.2009, J. Nandakumar and K. Uthayarasa.
- “Standardization of 2,4-D and 6-BAP in the induction of callus from Gymnema sylvestre stem and leaf” . J. Nandakumar. – in press. International Conference on Medicinal plant Research, Pune, India
- “Allelopathic effect of whole plant leachate of Cyperus rotundus (Purple Nutsedge) on early seedling growth of rice, maize, tomato & onion” Jaffna Science Associan Vol. 13, 2005 J.Nandakumar & P. Gowri.
- “Globally endangered Wild Dioscorea discovered in Jaffna” K. S. Kugathasan & J. Nandakumar. Daily News 12.02.2003
- “Studies on in vitro approach grafting using seedlings of Citrus sinensis & Citrus aurantifolia with C. aurantium as root stock” Jaffna Science Association Vol. 11, 2003 J.Nandakumar & B. Brightly
- “Allelopathic effect of leaf, stem, root & inflorescence leachates of Parthenium hystterophorus on seed the germination and early seedling growth of Green gram, Black gram & Cowpea” J. Nandakumar & S. ManchulaSri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science Proceedings of 58th Annual Session 2002.
- “Antimicrobial activity of leaf, bark extracts of Cassia fistula & Azadirecta indca & leaf, whole plant extracts of Acalypha indica & Eclypta prostrata” Jaffna Science Association Vol. 10, No. 1, 2002 J. Nandakumar & S. Prabagar
- “Isolation and culture of protoplasts of Capsicum annum Var. accuminatum Fingerh (MI-2) and C. frutescens (Bird chilli)”. Jaffna Science Association Vol. 10, No. 1, 2002 J. Nandakumar, J.M.R.S. Bandara & S. Pieris.
- “Effect of Parthenium hysterophorus on species diversity of local habitats”. Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science Proceedings of 57th Annual Session, 2001. J. Nandakumar, K. Suganthan & K. S. Kugathasan
- “Spread of Parthenium hysterophorus in Valikamam” Jaffna Science Association Vol. 09, No. 1, 2001J. Nandakumar, K. Suganthan & K. S. Kugathasan
- “Establishment of embryonic cell suspension culture of Chilli( Capsicum annum Var. accuminatum Fingerh) for somatic embryogenesis” Tropical Agricultural Research Vol. 8, 1996, 203 – 213. J. Nandakumar, J. M. R. S. Bandara & S. Pieris
· Yarlpana moolikai thavarangal vivaranamum payankalum – padankaludan, Jeyarani Nandakumar (2020) ISBN 9-786249-634503
Moothamy Swaminathan Prize for the best performance in the field of Botany in honors degree examination in Science – 1988.